Department: Hangar Engineering
Location: East Midlands Airport
Responsible to: Shift supervisors/Certifying staff/Base Station Controller
To support effective and efficient hangar engineering at EMA, that meets the operational requirements in a sustainable and safe manner.
- Be well informed about valid instructions, regulations and maintenance information.
- Ensure that the material installed in the form of spare parts, equipment or standard parts is of the correct and approved type and quality.
- Perform all maintenance work according to the valid instructions and documentation.
- Be well informed about the procedures regarding production quality control and quality audit especially how they apply at the specific maintenance tasks.
- Perform maintenance on equipment that is used for maintenance and apply a high maintenance standard. Restore and clean all equipment after the maintenance activity. When equipment fails or is found to be faulty, immediately report this to the certifying staff.
- Keep current with the approved working schedules, Company -procedures, -requirements and any authorisation ratings held for the work performed.
- Have confidence to issue an SMS report if a violation from the established WAS Flight Safety Standard is discovered.
- Recognized modern apprenticeship in engineering or equivalent military training
- Commercial aviation engineering experience
- Must be Proactive & self-motivated
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Possess confident and effective communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Basic £28,000
- Company Pension