Make a difference every day
We are a multinational organisation with a global team of 50,000 colleagues. In the Middle East we operate in the Transport, Defence & Advisory sectors, delivering services in Asset Management, Customer Experience, Fire & Rescue and Air Navigation Services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services to fulfil our purpose to impact a better future by "Bringing National Visions to Life".
Serco are currently recruiting experienced and highly motivated Approach Air Traffic Control Officers (ATCOs) to be a part of a great team in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. If successful, you will be responsible for directing the movement of aircraft within assigned air space to provide a safe, orderly and expeditious air traffic service. The successful applicants will enjoy the amazing lifestyle opportunity which living in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
We are looking for a candidate who communicates effectively through conveying a clear and concise information and ideas that engage others, assumes responsibility by effectively managing their time, resources and relationships, and demonstrates collaboration by demonstrating a proactive team working and collaboration with others, role modelling the belief that the whole of the team is greater than the sum of individual efforts.
This role will be based in DWC, Al Maktoum Airport, at Dubai Air Navigation Services (DANS). DANS provides air navigation services at four airports in the UAE, one of which is the world's busiest airport for international passengers, where their mission is to empower and develop all their people in delivering world-leading air navigation services that exceed every standard, assure their customers, and shape global innovation.
- Ensure the provision of Approach control service, flight information service and alerting service to aircraft operating in the UAE FIR
- Maintain a thorough operational knowledge and understanding of the equipment and systems used for the provision of air traffic services in the UAE FIR.
- Distribute as required meteorological information necessary for the safe and orderly handling of traffic.
- Participate in pre-watch briefings for the subsequent watch concerning all known conditions affecting safety and/or regularity of air traffic within the UAE FIR.
- Report failures, abnormal occurrences or any other conditions likely to constitute a safety hazard.
- Provide operational feedback to management on proposed airspace procedure and system changes.
- Practice professionalism and politeness to all users of services provided by the GCAA and to other staff in Air Traffic Services.
- Interface to influence colleagues and OJT students in order to develop the highest standard of air traffic controller for integration into GCAA’s Air Traffic Services section.
- A validated Approach Rating with a minimum of 5 years total experience exercising this rating
- A minimum of 3 years spent exercising an Approach Rating at a major international airport
- ICAO English Level 5 or above proficiency
- A valid ATC Medical
- In addition to the above, experience within a multi-cultural environment in the Middle East is preferred
Note: Assessments of prior competency will take place in Dubai throughout 2024.
What’s in it for you?
- At Serco, our core values drive everything we do, and we believe in fairly compensating our colleagues for the value they bring to our organization. We are proud to offer a total reward package at Serco which includes:
- Competitive monthly pay and allowances that are commensurate with the role and industry standards
- Comprehensive medical insurance coverage and life insurance, so our employees can feel secure in their health and financial wellbeing
- We recognize the importance of work-life balance, which is why we offer competitive leave benefits that exceed industry standards
- We offer an annual airfare allowance to support our expat colleagues to stay in touch and visit their loved ones
- We pride ourselves on providing a supportive work environment where we foster a positive Safety-First culture
- We care deeply about our colleagues' wellbeing and offer access to wellbeing programs and platforms to support their physical, mental, and emotional health.
- As a global organization, we offer a vast array of career paths for our employees to choose from. The scale and breadth of our organization provides our colleagues with opportunities for growth and variety in their career path, both regionally and globally.
At Serco, we believe there is a place here for everyone. A place where you can bring your authentic self to work every day. Our workplace culture is one that embraces diversity and fosters equity, respect, and belonging for every individual. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and creating an inclusive environment that proudly celebrates the perspectives and backgrounds that each of our employees bring to work every day.