To conduct assigned flights in accordance with the detailed provisions of Air Arabia Operational Manual and in compliance with the GCAA/CAA related regulations. He/she must ensure ultimate safety, security, and efficiency are achieved throughout all operated flights; supports and guides the flight/cabin crew, handle emergencies and ad-hoc scenarios effectively, and takes control over the flight to ensure successful performance and positive corporate image.
Key Result Responsibilities
- Flies the Air Arabia aircrafts from one destination to another in accordance with the given schedules and approved flight plans; carries his/her duties and acts as the ultimate responsible for the aircraft during the assigned flights taking into account the following key factors, in order of priority:
- i. Safety
- ii. Efficiency
- iii. Passenger comfort
- Ensures that assigned flights are conducted in accordance with the detailed provisions of the Air Arabia Operations Manual and regulations. At all times, implements, monitors and maintains the procedures necessary to ensure the safe and smooth operation of the aircraft undertaken.
- Ensures timely attendance, proper grooming, fitness and legality of self and Flight Crew for the assigned flights. Conducts pre- flight “Briefing” to ensure members are acknowledged with flight details; continuously ensures briefing is properly done prior to each action as per the adopted procedures.
- Liaises with co-pilots (First Officer and Second Officer) and Dispatch Team prior to each flight ensuring flight/cabin crew members are well prepared and provided with required information, this includes aircraft technical status, route preferences, weather, fuel, weight, distribution of roles, etc.
- Ensures, within the safety constraints as detailed in the relevant sections of the Air Arabia Operations Manual, that the aircraft is flown so as to make most efficient and effective use of fuel during the flight.
- Ensures the required safety, security, fuel, and transit checks are carried for each flight by the Flight/Cabin assigned crew members before, during and post each flight. Takes necessary action and directs the crew on how to react in case of safety or security irregularities; decides on escalations if needed.
- Cooperates with the Maintenance Engineers to confirm the aircraft technical status and ensure its suitability to fly; seeks the support of MCC and MROs to raise possible concerns and identify any defects or technical issues; implements the rectification or corrective measure immediately where applicable.
- Makes sure all the needed documents and technical logs are loaded with necessary accurate data as per Air Arabia and GCAA/CAA regulations and adopted procedures. This includes the technical log book, journey book, boarding sheets, reports, etc.
- Ensures that the Air Arabia Operations Manual is distributed, accounted for, maintained, kept up to date, understood and complied with by Flight Crew.
- Keeps himself/herself up-to-date with the legal requirements of the different regulatory bodies such as Civil Aviation, GCAA/CAA, Airbus Company and any other relevant regulatory body relating to flights and Flight Crew.
- Undertakes additional, ground based tasks such as Safety Officer or Security Officer, as directed by the Head of Flight Operations and in accordance with the provisions of Part A of the Air Arabia Operations Manual.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Appropriate ATPL License is a must
- He/she must pass the technical/psychometric assessment for Pilots as per Air Arabia/GCAA/CAA standards.
- He/she must pass the Medical Fitness check-up carried for the Pilots as per Air Arabia/GCAA/CAA standards.
- Training in safety and emergency response is essential – a formal qualification is an advantage.
- Basic Airport, security procedures and regulations training is an advantage.
- Crew Resources Management Training is considered an advantage.
- IATA principles & standards relating to security is an advantage.
- Proficient in Aircraft systems, proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet and Web Search.
- Very good in written and verbal communication skills, Technical reports writing, presentations, etc.
- Minimum of 800 hrs as PIC on A320.
- Minimum of 2000hrs as PIC.
- Valid PPC/ IR
- Last flight on A320 in the last 12 months.
- Experience with low cost airline is highly desirable.
- Possesses acceptable industry knowledge in aircraft systems and operating procedures.
- He/she must possess needed knowledge and exposure to handle any other role delegated to him/her such as security or safety related roles as required by the Air Arabia and GCAA/CAA regulations.
- Exposure to QA/Safety/Security/Audit procedures and practices related to and affecting Flight Operations.
- Capable of implementing policies, procedures and manuals as per approved standards and regulations.
Salary & Benefits Summary
- This contract is initially for a fixed period of 12 months and may be renewed upon mutual agreement for further periods.
- You will be deployed on one of Air Arabia's operated AOCs during the contract period.
- The airline will provide suitable hotel accommodation for you during the contract period on a bed-and-breakfast basis.
- Ground transportation will be provided for you between your accommodation and the airports/office for all rostered flight duties.
- You will have access to unlimited standby tickets on the Air Arabia group network during the contract period.
- Additionally, after completing 6 months, you will be eligible for MYID travel benefits.
- The airline may roster you for flight duties, ensuring they comply with the maximum duty time allowed by the respective Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
- After line release, you will typically be scheduled for 3 consecutive weeks of flight duties, followed by 1 week of consecutive off days.
- The airline will make every effort to schedule as many consecutive days off as possible, exceeding the minimum required.
- You will be covered by Group Medical & Life Insurance throughout the duration of the contract.
- Your salary will be paid in UAE dirhams and deposited into a UAE bank account.
Monthly Salary During the Initial Training:
- During the training period, which extends until the final line check, you will receive a monthly net salary of AED 20,199 (equivalent to US$ 5,500), pro-rated for part of the month, in addition to per diem.
Monthly Salary after Training / Final Line Check (For Up to 75 Block Hours in a Month):
- Following successful completion of training and the final line check, you will receive a monthly net salary of AED 27,544 (equivalent to US$ 7,500) for up to 75 block hours in a month, along with per diem.
Flying Pay Above 75 Block Hours in a Month:
- For every block hour flown above 75 hours in a month, you will receive an additional payment of AED 404 (equivalent to US$ 110).
- You will receive a per diem of AED 184 (equivalent to US$ 50) per day, averaging to approximately US$ 1,500 per month.
- This allowance is intended to cover food and miscellaneous expenses.