TUS Airways is currently seeking to recruit Operations Control Officer
Reporting to the Head of Operations Control, the Operations Control Officer is responsible for controlling, coordinating, and supervising the Tus Airways flight operations, providing support, briefing and assistance to the Commander in the safe conduct of the flight operations.
This position plays a vital role in the achievement of Tus Airways Safety, Security, Compliance and on Time Performance targets.
- Responsible for the overall oversight of OCC activities during his shift.
- Assisting the Commander in flight preparation, providing operational information, preparing the operational and ATS flight plans, and filing the ATS flight plan with the appropriate ATS unit.
- Providing the Commander, while in flight, with appropriate information that may be necessary for the safe conduct of the flight.
- Analysing operational conditions and identifying any opportunities that may impede or benefit operational capabilities, including, but not limited to, weather, facilities, Air Traffic Control, and aircraft performance.
- Analysing operational and meteorological conditions to evaluate and determine the safest and most efficient minimum fuel required for the flight.
- Providing, when requested or deemed necessary, the Commander with a thorough and professional flight crew briefing, covering all significant information which may impact the operation of his flight.
- Soliciting, interpreting, and maintaining current flight and airfield conditions reports to provide flight crews with the latest operational information.
- In the event of an emergency, initiates procedures as outlined in the CRPM, while avoiding taking any action that would conflict with ATC procedures.
- In the event of an emergency, conveys, by all available means, safety-related information to the Commander that may be necessary for the safe conduct of the flight, including information related to any amendments to the flight plan that become necessary during flight.
- Taking all necessary actions in case of emergencies, accidents, or incidents.
- Monitoring the progress of flights, and taking suitable action in case of diversions, flight delays, and unfavourable weather reports at departure and destination airfields, thereby minimizing the reactionary effects on day-to-day operations.
- Updating daily the Crew Flight and Duty time database.
- Informing the Director of Flight Operations, or his deputy, of any discretion reports.
- Ensuring that a “Flight Watch” is maintained on the operations of all Company aircraft.
- Monitoring and implementing changes to aircraft mass and balance information in the software database and/or other relevant documents required for flight.
- Ensuring that the flight and crew schedule is in accordance with the Company’s flight time limitations.
- Initial screening of Flight Reports, and taking any necessary immediate action, as required.
- Ensure understanding of commitment to and compliance with the TUS Safety, Security and Compliance Policy.
- Ensure that all safety, security, and compliance requirements are observed.
- Comply with EASA regulations, Cyprus DCA requirements, Company standards and procedures and local laws and regulations in all locations where operations are conducted.
- Provide timely feedback to the organization with regards to any safety or security incidents or accidents, safety hazards or security threats through the Company reporting system.
- Adhere to safety, security and compliance policies and procedures detailed in MSM and Company manuals.
- Ensure compliance of Standard Operating Practices against relevant regulatory requirements and organization’s compliance requirements.
- Commitment to TUS Air Fatigue Management program and principles.
- Participate in CRPM exercises and deployments as per Company policies and procedures and in accordance with assigned duties as outlined in the TUS CRPM.
- Any other task is assigned by the Head of Operations Control
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have at least two years of proven experience in the same position.
- Proven excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Computer literate.
- Organizational skills with a methodical and considerable approach to problem solving.
- Must be able to demonstrate understanding of the importance of Safety and On Time Performance, with experience of working under his own initiative and under considerable pressure.
- Be a strong supportive team player.
- Have satisfactorily completed all company training requirements as prescribed in OM Part D.
- Have demonstrated proficiency in the performance of the applicable OCC activities.
- After a period of satisfactorily completion of all company training requirements, this role will operate in a shift roster pattern
- A competitive salary package will be offered to the selected candidate.