Operations Controllers are responsible operationally to the Operations Control Duty Manager with a direct reporting line to the Head of Operations Control for the effective management and control of the day-to-day flying program including Flight Watch and schedule disruption recovery. Whilst on duty they report to the Operations Control Duty Manager.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To assist the Commander in flight preparation and to provide the relevant information as follows:
- Preparing the Operational flight plan and filing the flight plan with Euro Control
- Preparation of the Commander’s flight brief prior to each flight
- To maintain a flight watch on all aircraft operated and furnish the Commander in flight or on the ground with any information necessary for the safe and efficient conduct of the flight.
- Provision of optimised flight planning, ensuring the most cost-effective routing, taking into consideration departure and arrival punctuality
- Ensure that all information provided to flight crew is the latest up-to-date information (Flight Plans, Crew Brief/Weather/NOTAMs)
- Manage day of operation ATC slot requirements to minimise delay to the schedule
- Liaise with Air Traffic Service Providers including CFMU Deal with all crew queries as required
- Maintain flight watch on all aircraft under control of Dublin OCC including all flights operated by other carriers and to furnish the flight Commander (with ways and means available) with any information necessary for the safe and efficient conduct of the flight
- Ensure the completion of the daily flight schedule and limit disruption to wet lease passengers
- In the event of an Emergency, to take action as may be necessary under the Company Emergency Response plan
- To allocate aircraft to specific flights in accordance with any commercial or maintenance requirements pertaining at the time
- Provide real-time operational alerts, status updates, information to CityJet Management and wet lease customers
- To carry out instructions from the Head of Operations, Flight Dispatch & Training Manager and OCC Duty Managers
- Travel to other Bases on the CityJet Network as required
- Complete all regulatory course work to standard
- Acceptance of and compliance with the Operations Control Procedures Manual (OCPM) and any updates to it by means of Operations Control Instruction, Operations Control Bulletins and Memos issued
- Maintain a level of knowledge in Crew Control functions and Flight Time Limitations
- Deputise for the OCC Duty Manager as required
Qualifications / Skills / Competencies
- A thorough and in-depth knowledge of European Air Traffic Control System
- Having a working knowledge of full Flight Planning Procedures
- Experience and knowledgeable in Crew Control and FTL’s
- Extensive knowledge of the aviation industry
- Extensive Knowledge in Aviation Weather and NOTAMS
- Previous experience as a OCC Controller is desirable.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Hold a current unrestricted worldwide passport (some travel required)
- Proven ability to manage complex and unpredictable situations, while working within a pressurised environment
- Ability to use own initiative
- High level of commitment and flexibility
- A high degree of flexibility as this role is shift based.
- A resilient and mature personality.
- Ability to see the “big picture” and make important decisions in a short timeframe.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment