In a nutshell
In this role you'll be responsible for the effective maintenance of available crew resources on the published roster. You will resolve operational disruption through informed decision making offering the most efficient solution available ensuring regulatory, union & company requirements are met.
Responsibilities include: allocation and completion of standard procedural day to day tasks shift and Identify and highlight areas of operational risk to the Duty Manager supporting the Duty Manager and Planner Pre-Ops in maintaining the integrity of the Pilot & Cabin Crew training plan, re-planning any training requirements where possible.
Day to Day
Maintenance of rosters
- Effective re-planning of crew resources to ensure maximum efficiency on the roster ensuring compliance and FRM principles are considered.
- Responsible for the day to day coverage of open time positions escalating as necessary to the Duty Manager – Crewing
- To manage disruption, calculating FDP requirements and liaising with Ops and Crew to ensure plans are robust and communicated.
- Identification, resolution and if required the escalation of operational risk on the roster
- Responsible for the day to day management and resolution of system alerts
- Completion of daily, weekly & monthly tasks as per check lists and LOI’s.
- Coordination of day to day tasks
- Maintenance & where required delivery of swapping initiatives in line with legal and Company agreements
Training / Re-Planning
Responsible where applicable for the efficient re-planning of training on the live rosters due to roster disruption for both pilots & cabin crew in accordance with VAA / Regulatory requirements Inc.: Ground courses, Simulator, Flying duties and Resolution of training issues
- Timely response to training queries
- Ensuring the Pre-Op Planner is notified effectively of training plan requirements or changes that need their attention and resolution
Policies, procedures, Systems and objectives
- Comply with and recommend where necessary processes & procedures to ensure objectives are achieved efficiently
- Support the testing of new system enhancements to improve effectiveness in the delivery of working practices
- The updating of procedures as required by the Duty Manager Crewing
- As is reasonably required by the Crewing Manager/ Duty Manager Crewing undertake additional tasks and activities that further enhance, support the output of the department
- Supporting the testing of new system enhancements to improve effectiveness in delivery of working practices.
- Develop and challenges own understanding of the system to ensure usage is accurate and efficient, gaining knowledge from colleagues.
- Effective, timely communication and recording of system IT issues
- Supporting the Duty Manager Crewing in ensuring departmental reputation is maintained by adherence to processes, procedures and roster change requirements.
- Effective and timely communication within the team, Cabin Crew & Pilots and key areas of the business
- Respond and act on feedback to drive and improve operational efficiencies
- Proactive resolution of customer queries and feedback including Hotac, allowance & travel queries out of hours
To be successful in your application we're looking for someone with a good understanding of EASA and Fatigue Risk Management experience alongside the below:
- Knowledge/understanding of Crewing systems
- A good problem solver who works well under pressure in an ever changing environment
- Excellent communicator who is able to prioritise and influence
- Great decision making
- Understanding of Pilot training
- Experience of Word, Excel & Outlook
If the above sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you!