/ Position: Chief Engineer (Turbo Props) Manager
/ Location: Bournemouth
/ Salary: Dependant on Experience
/ Reporting to: Technical Director
/ Company Overview
Gama Aviation is a world leader in providing global aviation services. It was founded in 1983 on the simple principle of delivering its clients’ missions with dedication & passion, Gama Aviation is a trusted, global partner to those who use aviation as a platform to perform.
Gama Aviation support extends across a number of sectors which include: special mission, technology and outsourcing and business aviation. We serve private individuals, corporations and governments, all of which require bespoke solutions to what are often complex, time critical missions. Our services are valued to deliver by air ambulance providers, national police and security services, military support, commercial operators, corporate bespoke travel, and private individual managed aviation solutions. Gama Aviation is a trusted partner, delivering solutions to solve exacting mission requirements.
/ The Role:
Responsible for maintenance activity management and supporting staff oversight of scheduled and unscheduled aircraft engineering activity
/ Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Reporting to the technical director you will be responsible for local operational oversight of the applicable business stream.
- Ensuring in partnership with the resource manager that planned maintenance requirements are effectively resourced and that the planner is reflective of current activity.
- Working in conjunction with the AOG manager to assist in emergent and away from base activity enabling direct and indirect resourcing and support.
- Ensuring that the engineering team that report to you are booking accurate hours and these are checked against any estimated or warranty targets.
- Individual responsibility for booking accurate, timely, and consistent hours in Corridor. Responsible for understanding the commercial importance of time booking. Recording hours against work orders tasks or projects, to be billed at completion of activity or to track cost of a given activity.
- Identifying and recommending recruitment and training requirements to ensure the efficient operational capability of the department.
- Ownership of the end-to-end recruitment process: developing job specifications, interviewing, and justifying applicable candidates in accordance with Gama values.
- Responsible for the mentoring, supervision and management of allocated staff reports, including but not limited to:
- Regulatory compliance with mandatory training and currency requirements,
- Performing individual competency assessments
- approval of leave (in conjunction applicable line or contract manager),
- carrying out staff competency assessments iaw current company procedure,
- completing the appraisals of staff,
- setting objectives,
- feedback into the leadership and management teams the performance, capability and training requirements of supporting staff and direct reports.
- Provide information and support as required into commercial departments to allow accurate estimating and quoting of performed and prospective work.
- Provide technical information into leadership, management, planning, supply chain and commercial teams as required to enable clear concise work reporting, detailing current work and in review of performed tasks as may be applicable.
- Provides commercial information as required regarding work or activity performed, including work budget control, parts margins etc.
- Accountable for maintaining the applicable site/location compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Will provide direct support as directed with compliance department, regulatory governing body or external organisations auditing.
- Expected to proactively engage in improvements of our business including suggesting changes to technical process and procedures, escalating any issues / improvements as required.
- Responsible for the technical management of performed work to ensure compliance with applicable company process and procedures.
- Responsible for performing the applicable Category "C" certifier responsibilities and applicable certification.
- Responsible for ensuring/enforcing correct use of company procedures and processes through Compliance with all procedures listed in the current Staff Company Handbook.
- Responsible for ensuring all activity carried out in accordance with data protection rules and procedures.
- Any other duties commensurate with the position
/ Job Specific Skills
- Computer Literature, Using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong technical understanding and experience for specific aircraft type as dictated
- by site or contractual involvement.
- Working knowledge of Aviation regulatory framework.
- Command of English language, and good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good knowledge of aircraft maintenance and operations standards and practices.
- Good understanding of the concepts and requirements of SMS, Quality Assurance and Audits.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear directions and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Flexible and able to travel at short notice
/ Qualifications and Experience
- ICAO Type II Engineer License with at least two aircraft type ratings applicable to the GAMA fleet.
- 5 years’ experience in Line/Base certifying staff with experience in AOG support functions.
- 2 years in supervisory role running a base or line support team.
- A full Driving licence is preferred.
- A Current valid passport is required.
- Full Time Position, Shift and working hours subject to discussion
- Pension up to 5% contributions matched
- Life Insurance *
- Income Protection *
- Travel Insurance *
- Private Medical (after successful passing of probation) *
- Paid annual leave
*(Subject to insurance underwriting)
Due to the volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 20 working days then your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.