/ Position: B2 Licensed Engineer
/ Location: Bournemouth Airport
/ Salary: Dependent on experience
/ Reporting To: Base Maintenance Manager
/ The Role:
The B2 Licensed Engineer (Bournemouth) is a certifying Licensed Aircraft Engineer position. The B2 LAE must hold a valid EASA Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance License and at least one of the type ratings Bournemouth is approved to maintain which includes, but not limited to:
Bombardier Challenger CL-600-2A12 (601)
Bombardier Challenger CL-600-2B16 (604 / 605)
Bombardier Global / Global Express BD-700-1A10
King Air 200
The B2 LAE must also be prepared to work flexibly leading a team providing Line Maintenance, Base Maintenance, and AOG response, not only locally at Bournemouth, but as an integral part of the Gama Engineering Group and as such must have strong communication, organisation and leadership skills.
/ Main Responsibilities include:
- Carry out scheduled Base and Line maintenance activities at the Bournemouth Base and provide certification of own work alongside supervision and certification of unlicensed engineers work.
- AOG activities at and away from the Bournemouth Base.
- Ensure the completion to schedule of customer order requirements when acting as supervising or certifying engineer for a given input.
- Travel to, and work at, other GAEL bases for short periods of time as required.
- Carry out aircraft maintenance as an unlicensed engineer when required for aircraft types not held on approval.
- Compliance with GAEL Maintenance Organisation Exposition and published processes and procedures.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety procedures, processes and COSHH are always observed.
- Ensuring that their day to day housekeeping and that of engineers being supervised by them is kept to a high standard.
- Comply with all procedures listed in the current Staff Company Handbook.
- If required assist the Commercial Department in generating estimates for Line or Base Maintenance Services when required, giving advice on man hours / parts / services and any likely additional costs.
- Any other duties commensurate with the position.
- EASA B2 License with applicable type ratings; training on additional type ratings can be provided.
- Be happy to travel to other locations, including overseas, occasionally at short notice.
- Be computer literate.
- Be eligible to hold a UK security clearance.
- A full UK driving licence is preferred.
- A current valid passport is required.
/ Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, Travel Insurance, Group Health Scheme
Due to the volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 20 working days then your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.