Purpose of the Role
The apprentice will be required to undertake the requisite training in order to complete the AirTanker Fleet Engineering Apprenticeship Scheme, leading to a nationally recognised qualification.
The apprentice will satisfactorily complete all maintenance tasks in support of personal development and gain aeronautical experience in accordance with the Company Quality and Regulatory Airworthiness Standards, under the direct supervision of an appropriately appointed qualified Mentor and Engineer.
This apprenticeship scheme has a start date of September 2021
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at Grade C or above including English, Maths and a Science related subject
- No prerequisite experience necessary but a demonstrable interest in engineering through school or hobby interests
- UK Passport and the ability to pass a full company security vetting process
- I.T literate and be familiar with Microsoft Office software
- Aptitude for practical engineering skills
- The ability to work as a team member and possess good interpersonal, communication and literacy skills
- To complete a programme of Foundation Training to be conducted off-site with the Company Partnered Training Provider.
- To complete a portfolio of evidence to the standard required by the Level 3 NVQ in Aeronautical Engineering.
- To become proficient in the application and use of a wide range of hand tools and test equipment.
- Gain experience in aircraft maintenance activities as directed by the appointed Mentor under the supervision of an Unlicensed Mechanic or Certifying/B1/B2/Cat A Licenced Engineer.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in a safe and professional manner and in accordance with the relevant approved documentation.
- Control of any material or company equipment provided for the task and the cleanliness of the working area.
- Work in a safe manner at all times adhering to the Health & Safety regulations and company procedures.
- Be personally responsible for delivering a safe service in all facets of the role in line with the requirements of the AirTanker SMS, Quality and Environmental Management Systems.This Includes maintaining awareness of the company safety and quality policies and the applicable hazard analysis.
- If in possession a full UK driving licence, Drive and/or operate Company provided MTGSE as appropriate and on successful completion of an approved training course.
- Utilise the company GCIS Maintenance IT Support systems where applicable.
- Conduct any other such duties that may be required from time to time, and as directed by a Fleet Engineering Shift Manager or the Technical Training Manager.
- React to Emergency Response actions and drills.
- Perform open reporting in a just culture.
- Demonstrate a flexible and positive approach to all tasking
- Demonstrate Integrity and confidentiality in all aspects of the role.
- Operate with a full understanding of company policies.