Cobham Aviation Services are recruiting for an Aircraft Avionic Technician/Fitter to support Base Maintenance activities to the appointed Supervisor and/or Licensed Aircraft Engineer, working on our fixed wing fleet of Aircraft (predominantly Falcon 20). You will have an awareness of all associated and related Electronic/Avionic Aircraft Maintenance regulations and work in accordance with the company procedures at all times.
This position is based at our Bournemouth International Airport site and requires minimal travel:
As an Aircraft Fitter your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Aviation apprenticeship background
- Electrical/ Avionic Engineering experience working in an Aircraft line or base maintenance facility.
- Experience of service or commercial aircraft engineering/operations (desirable)
- Ability to gain full UK security clearance if not already gained.
- Motivated team member and physically fit to undertake manual tasks around and on board the aircraft
- Medically fit for detachment
As an Aircraft Fitter your main responsibilities will involve:
- Safety first. Operate at Special Mission in accordance with the SHE Technical standards. Identify where the SHE Technical Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work identified.
- Apply countermeasures identified in applicable risk assessment to appointed operations/tasks.
- To perform base maintenance and when required line maintenance on company and customer operated aircraft including, servicing, inspections, modifications and defect rectification. Reporting to your LAE & SLAE you will need to work in an efficient and timely manner to meet the allocated task times.
- The control of any material or Company equipment provided for the task. The cleanliness of the working area at all times.
- Keep all associated Base Maintenance equipment replenished and ensure service dates are complied with.
- Although primarily based at Bournemouth, you must be willing and able to work at other detached operating bases when required. There is a possibility of working shift patterns when required to meet operational demands.
Cobham Aviation Services UK
Protecting borders, saving lives and enhancing the effectiveness of defence personnel.
We combine state-of-the-art technology with complex air platforms to deliver customised airborne surveillance, operational readiness training and search and rescue services.
Our end-to-end capabilities benefit government and military customers with responsive and cost-effective turn-key solutions for optimal mission performance.