Applications are invited for the position of Manager Flight Operations. The position will be based at Port Vila Airport, Port Vila, Vanuatu and will be reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer. Air Vanuatu is the National carrier of the Republic of Vanuatu and as such plays a pivotal role in supporting national development, particularly the tourism sector.
The Employee shall carry out the duties as a Manager Flight Operations and responsible for Pilots.
Such duties shall be carried out diligently and to the best of the Employee’s ability and shall include but not be limited to the following duties and responsibilities listed below.
- To crew any schedule or unscheduled Employer’s flight in any capacity in which he/she is trained on any aircraft type in the fleet on which he/she is qualified.
- Carryout any administrative duties connected with the operational role of the Employer such as but not limited to:
- Maintaining records as log – books, records or flight and duty times, log of simulator periods completed and ensuring that such records are periodically available for inspection by the Employer and/ or Inspectors employed by Civil Aviation Regulators.
- Any administrative duties required for the Employer and requested by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Pilots appointed to Management positions within the company shall carry out a minimum of 50 hours/month of administration duties in the operations officer in addition to their flying duties.
- The Employee shall at all time during his/her service to the Employer, comply with all requirements of the following:
- The Laws of the Republic of Vanuatu and / or the Laws of the country during the Employee’s stay in that country as either a resident or a crew member on duty.
- Regulations of Vanuatu Civil Aviation Authority or any State Authority which has jurisdiction over the Employer Operations as CASA Australia, CAA Australia, CAA New Zealand, CAA Fiji, CAA France/ New Caledonia or any other countries in which the Employer’s operations are being conducted.
- Adhere to the Employers’ shift Roster and present himself/herself for duties in a fit and presentable manner to complete such duties.
- The Employee shall, during the term of this agreement, maintain a Class 1 Medical. Failure to do so may result in termination of this Agreement following review of the reasons of such failure.
- The Employee may, at the absolute discretion of the Employer, be suspended from flying duties in the event of the technical efficiency of the Employee becoming the subject of any enquiry by a government or statutory authority or by a committee of enquiry duly appointed by the Employer.
- The employee shall conduct himself in accordance with the highest standards of professionalism, integrity, propriety at all times. Failure to do so may result in possible termination of employment.
- The employee found guilty of any acts of serious misconduct may be dismissed without notice or payment in lieu of notice or without payment of any compensation whatsoever.
- The Employee shall not, without the prior written permission of the Employer, be engaged in any outside business or be employed in any capacity whatsoever, for any period by any person, Government Department, Statutory Board, another Employer or Organization other than Air Vanuatu (operations) Limited or be engaged in any Aviation Business or act as a member of a Crew or Staff of or in any aircraft whatsoever, other than an aircraft owned or leased by Employee, unless prior approval is granted by the Chief Executive Officer.
- From time to time, the Employee may be required to attend courses and/or conferences in relation to enhancing the efficiency of the Flight Operations Department. All Costs associated with such courses and/or conferences will be borne by the Employer.
- The Employee will be bound by the flight time limitations laid down by the Director of Civil Aviation or other relevant Government or Statutory Authority.
- The Employee must not, without authority, directly or indirectly state that he is representing Air Vanuatu (Operations) Limited or its public position in respect or any matter, and the Employee must not directly or indirectly engage in any behavior or activity which could be association, cause the Employer public embarrassment or bring the image of the Employer into disrepute.
- Degree in Aviation Management or a Masters in Business Administration.
- Ability to hold Fit & Proper Person (FPP) certificate (CAAV).
- +10 years Commercial Pilot Experience.
- Must be analytical and forward thinking.
The application should contain a cover letter and a CV, together with Academic Transcript(s) (including licenses, courses and certifications) if available.