/ Position : FBO Operations Manager
/ Location: Glasgow
/ Reporting to: Business Manager and Head of FBO
/ Salary : Negotiable
/ Company Overview
Gama Aviation is a world leader in providing Global aviation services. It was founded in 1983 on the simple principle of delivering its clients’ missions with dedication & passion, Gama Aviation is a trusted, global partner to those who use aviation as a platform to perform.
Gama Aviation support extends across a number of sectors which include: special mission, technology and outsourcing and business aviation. We serve private individuals, corporations and governments, all of which require bespoke solutions to what are often complex, time critical missions. Our services are valued to deliver by air ambulance providers, national police and security services, military support, commercial operators, corporate bespoke travel, and private individual managed aviation solutions. Gama Aviation is a trusted partner, delivering solutions to solve exacting mission requirements.
/ Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Business Manager and Head of FBO’s, the role is responsible for overseeing and managing all day to day aspects of the Company’s FBO operations, both airside and landside. The role will ensure upkeep and compliance with the Company’s Operations Manual and applicable Regulatory Authorities under whose register the company operates.
The overall purpose of this role is to deliver safe, efficient and timely services to our clients, ensuring a high level of communication and exceptional service to our guests and management. The enforcement of our procedures for safety and service will be a key focus. Duties will include:
- Increasing and maintaining FBO capability;
- Strong performance management of all FBO staff;
- Striving to create and implement FBO procedures and standards;
- Manage the training of FBO staff to ensure all training is suitable and current;
- Oversee all external and internal FBO enquires and responsible for ensuring prompt responses by the FBO with accurate and up to date information and costings;
- Responsible for ensuring ongoing excellence in customer service for all Gama customers and potential customers;
- Responsible for maintaining open channels of communication between the team members within the FBO;
- Smooth running and coordination between staff shifts within the FBO;
- Responsible for the day to day liaison with FBO Clients, VIP’s, CIP’s, aircraft management clients, Airport Authority staff and third party service providers, ensuring that the service Gama provides are accomplished efficiently;
- Oversee usage, and gain detailed understanding of Air Ops software;
- Promoting safety culture through SMS system;
- Drives accurate FBO revenue capture, and communicates new opportunities with Business Manager.
/ Person Specification:
- Flexibility and willingness to work hours required to oversee movements is paramount
- Experience of Airside and FBO Operation, with a “hands on” approach
- Strong leader with demonstrated experience managing staff, day to day and appraisals
- Capable of creating, updating and implementing procedures to the highest standard
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding on National and International aviation regulations and the effect on day to day operational requirements;
- 5* Customer Service Experience
- Experience of forming and maintaining working relationships across professional, personal and operational boundaries working in occasionally high-pressured scenarios
- Ability to handle challenging and high stress situations
- Proven excellence in dealing with complex operational issues
- Proven track record in a similar role within the Business Aviation industry
- Demonstrated experience in managing flight operations and general ground management.
- Full valid Driving License
- must meet the requirement to hold a valid Airside Security Pass.
/ Salary and Benefits:
- Salary depending on experience
- Pension up to 5% contributions matched
- Life Insurance *
- Income Protection *
- Travel Insurance *
- Private Medical (after successful passing of probation) *
- Paid annual leave
*(Subject to insurance underwriting)
Due to the volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 20 working days then your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.