ASL Aviation Holdings owns, operates and manages a fleet in excess of 140 jet and turboprop aircraft, providing services for passengers and cargo fleets worldwide. ASL Airlines Ireland are now recruiting a Ground Operations Officer on a permanent basis to be based at East Midlands Airport in the UK with regular travel.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities;
- Provide oversight and direction to vendors contracted by ASL airlines, and customers of ASL ACMI flights, ensuring that proper ASL and EASA handling procedures are used in the performance of duties.
- Ensuring all ramps are in compliance with ASL GOM for approved ASL handling practices and that all service providers are operating in compliance with Standard Ground Handling Agreements and Service Level Agreements.
- Assist / oversee flight handling coordination for all ASL departments, Crews and ground handlers.
- Maintain and update Standard Ground Handling Agreements and Service Level Agreements with ground service providers
- Carry our weight and balance checks and training as necessary (training will be provided)
- Monitor and review manual content related to ground handling to ensure currency
The ideal candidate will;
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to work under their own initiative
- Be self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to work as part of a team in a busy office environment and have the capacity to meet strict deadlines when required
- Have a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word and Outlook
- Have a background in Ground Operations and/or weight and balance as an advantage
- Having a working knowledge of SGHAs/IATA AHM / IGOM Procedures would be an advantage
- Demonstrate an ability to teach technical systems and skills to vendors and handlers to ensure proper handling of ASL and suppliers aircraft
- Must be competent in all areas of ground and specifically 737 Cargo operations.
- Have a general background in the airline industry or aviation
- Have a specific experience in the areas of duty and operations
- Have the ability to work independently
- Shall maintain competence on the basis of continued education and training in their area of responsibility. The company will facilitate this process.
- Must be eligible to live and work in the EU
Reports to: Ground Operations Manager
Department: Operations Control Centre
Location: Based at EMA Airport with regular travel
Work Hours: 39 Hour week. Hours may vary – will include night work and weekends