To manage and control the dynamic operational activities of the Air Traffic Control operations regarding day of flight (DOF) issues, being pro-active as required to minimise any Air Traffic Control (ATC) delays and to suggest re-routings as required.
- Manage the Air Traffic management role within Network Control and liaise with ATC agencies including the Tower, Approach and Enroute Centres within Dubai and the UAE to ensure that operations are conducted safely, efficiently and on-time.
- Maintain close liaison with the Dispatch Duty Manager, VP Network Control and the Air Traffic Control units and Civil Aviation Authorities so that operational disruptions are known and clearly understood in order to develop processes to minimise any ATC associated delays. Function as close advisor to VP Network Control and act as his liaison to global Air Traffic Control units within the Network Control Centre?s event horizon of X-72 hours.
- Manage the Flow Management tools and Electronic Flight Progress Strip connection to Dubai ATC to prioritise arrival and departure sequence of flights to ensure optimal flow of traffic, minimising any delays. This will require coordination and contact on a daily basis and be the focal point with Dubai ATC and Abu Dhabi Centre. Priorities will be established with VP Network Control. The process for prioritisation will be an established procedure known by ATC and the crews.
- Advise the VPNC on ATC aspects of the delay of operation through the identification of ATC problems and constraints associated with capacity limitations, ATC delays, strikes, weather or related phenomena, diversions and other contingencies in order that the operation is recovered in a timely manner through the management and implementation of ATC decisions. To maintain effective communication and act as the focal point of contact for the Dispatch Duty Managers, VP Network Control and Flight Crew to ensure that operational issues and changes associated with ATC restrictions are relayed in a timely manner in order that preparations are made to reduce any delays or disruptions.
- Maintain a basic ATC watch on Emirates aircraft throughout the Network whilst reviewing all NOTAMS and ATC information received that may require action to ensure contingency plans are made and implemented as required.
Emirates Flight Training Academy specifics:
- Maintain contact on a daily basis and act as the focal point with ATC agencies in order to organise any required re-routes and/or recovery from diversions to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of training flights.
- Control and manage the ground movements of aircraft and tow tugs in the designated apron area. Communicate with ATC, Line Service Technicians and Operations to ensure a safe, efficient, effective and consistent operational flow.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) :
5 years + in Flight Operations
Airline operations e.g. flight dispatchers license would be an asset with experience in Air Traffic Management, making airline operation control decisions.
The ability to work under pressure without guidance and supervision and have the ability to correctly prioritise workload is essential.
In-depth knowledge of Aeronautical Information Services, Air Traffic Management, State Regulatory bodies (EASA/FAA) and ICAO Annexes and support manuals, UAE GCAA CAR-OPS, Emirates Operations Manual A and C plus other regulatory documentation associated with Air Traffic Management, Flight Dispatch and Flight Operations and have a business awareness of future developments.
Sound knowledge of airspace and air routes, flight planning systems as we as on-board navigation computer capabilities is required.
Leadership Role: NO
Safety Sensitive Role: NO