This role works as part of a team in piloting the assigned Flexjet aircraft for both domestic and international flights providing a safe flight for Flexjet owners and passengers during their scheduled rotation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all Captain / PIC duties and directs the activities of other crew members, ensuring that all crew members understand fully and completely what individual duties they are expected to perform
- Carries out all duties in accordance with Company procedures
- Final authority for the safe operation of the aircraft
- Ensures that the assigned aircraft is airworthy and that all proper documents are onboard the aircraft
- Reports all known or suspected violations or incidents promptly to his/her Fleet Manager
- Maintains a current medical certificate as required by the Company and notifies his/her Fleet Manager if a medical (physical or mental) condition may impair their ability to perform the flight
- At the end of the day ensures that all maintenance discrepancies are reported and documented to the maintenance team and that, where required, Operations are alerted to the current status of the aircraft
- Maintains contact with Operations, or other relevant departments as appropriate, often enough during the course of a flight to ensure that operational messages are promptly conveyed between the Flight Crew and Operations
- Maintains a high degree of crew coordination, performing duties in a professional, efficient, and cordial manner at all times
- Responsible to the Fleet Manager for duty assignments and training
- Greets the passengers and assists with passenger seating and luggage storage
- Ensures that passenger briefings are conducted
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Must meet the following requirements:
- Valid EASA ATPL
- 3,000 hours total time
- 1,500 hours Pilot-In-Command time
- 500 hours Multi-Engine Land time (1,000 preferred)
- 500 hours Multi-Engine Turbine time (1,000 preferred)
- 500 hours Actual Instrument time
- Valid Multi-Crew Rating on EASA license
- Valid EASA Class 1 Medical
- Valid EU-Passport
- Holder of an ELP (English Language Proficiency) Rating on EASA License – minimum level 5
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Previous experience in Commercial Air Transport or corporate aircraft desirable
- Must possess the legal right to work in the Europe and have the ability to travel in and out of Europe and to all cities/countries where Flexjet serves
- Ability to work weekends, nights, shifts, holidays and overnight trips as per the Company roster.
- Employment is predicated on successful completion of Initial training which includes the initial type rating and/or operator conversion course.
- A thorough working knowledge of all EASA Regulations pertinent to Flight Operations.
- Strong organisational skills & advanced multi-tasking abilities
- Strong interpersonal, verbal/written and presentation skills are necessary to perform job at the expected level
- Computer/tablet skills necessary to operate word processing, email and web-based applications
- Must possess a passionate attention to detail and the ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Present a well-groomed appearance
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, wet and/or humid conditions including extreme heat and cold; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions and vibration; chemicals including aviation fuels and lavatory fluid. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
In addition to the requirements required to hold a Class 1 Medical certificate, the Pilot must be able to complete the day to day tasks associated with the operation of an airplane. This includes but is not limited to; loading and unloading of bags, accomplish a thorough pre-flight and post flight, and assist with snow and ice removal during inclement weather, installation and the removal of engine covers and the daily cleaning of aircraft as required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 23 kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.