- Flies Company aircraft with utmost competence and control in compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules and regulations and Company guidelines to ensure optimum safety, efficiency, and passenger comfort. As commanding crew member, oversees and supervises performance of entire assigned flight crew.
- Conducts the operation of the aircraft to the highest safety and security standards in compliance with procedures, regulations, and policies contained in the JCPenney Flight Operations Manual, Airplane Flight Manual, Federal Aviation Regulations, Transportation Security Administration and other applicable regulations and directives.
- Ensures the accurate and timely completion of flight-related records, including aircraft, engine, passenger data, and trip papers, and ensures that appropriate manuals and equipment are aboard the aircraft.
- Supervises crew members in the performance of their duties and ensures compliance with crew flight time limitations and rest periods in accordance with Company standards and FAR; oversees crew conduct and appearance for appropriateness.
- Coordinates with JCPenney Maintenance when away from the Dallas facility to ensure airworthiness and security of the aircraft, accomplishment of required maintenance, and appropriate recordkeeping. Coordinates trip itinerary changes with the Flight Coordinator.
- Ensures that loading and routine servicing of the aircraft is accomplished in accordance with Company and government procedures and regulations; and ensures appropriate cleanliness and appearance of the aircraft, and that service items and provisions are available.
- Assures flight crew is fully briefed on all current security procedures, both domestic and international.
- Maintains current certificates and qualifications required for equipment used in assigned position, and keeps current on technical and regulatory developments pertinent to flight operations, and submits findings and recommendations to the Senior Pilot.
- Ensures that crew members and passengers have valid passports, immunizations, visas, and security clearances appropriate to clear airport security, customs, immunization and agricultural inspections; and ensures that international arrivals and departures are conducted in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Able to lift a 40 pound piece of luggage up to chest height
Core Competencies, Accomplishments, and Qualifications:
- First Class FAA Physical
- Must be able to pass required company and TSA background checks
- FAA ATP Pilot Certificate with multi-engine land rating
- Gulfstream G-IV (450/550) type rating required, specific experience in a 450 preferred
- 2000 hours logged flight time as Pilot in Command
- 1000 hours multi-engine
- 3 Years experience in VIP passenger service required; prefer 2 years experience in business/corporate/fractional/charter aviation required
- Flight planning for domestic and international travel, high-density air traffic operations
- Demonstrated ability to supervise flight crew and work with maintenance personnel
- Working knowledge of ISBAO best practices desired
Our corporate office supports the jcpenney stores nationwide and offers a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401 (k) Savings Plan with company match, and a merchandise discount plan to jcpenney. Amenities include free covered parking, full cafeteria services, fitness center, and on-site childcare.